Community Development Through Polytechnics
The scheme of Community Development Through Polytechnics sponsored by the Ministry of Human Research Development, Govt. of India, New Delhi, was started in this institution during 2010-2011.
The main objectives of the scheme are:
- Provide non-formal skill training to SC/STs, OBCs, women, school dropouts, minorities, physically disabled, economically weaker sections of the society and the under privileged persons.
- Disseminate and application of appropriate technologies.
- Provide technical and support service to the beneficiaries.
- To create awareness among the target groups about technological advancement and contemporary issues of importance.
The CDTP scheme of Central Polytechnic College conducted various skill development training programs at 89 extension centers in different villages of Thiruvananthapuram district and trained 6094 persons in various skills. The scheme conducted technical and support services by conducting camps, seminars and awareness classes in rural areas.
Number of trainees got employment/self employed: 2189
Number of Extension Centres during 2017-18: 10
- Garment Making
- Fashion Designing
- Servicing and Maintenance of Electrical Home Appliances
- Data Entry
- Beautician Course
- Home Nursing
- Ayurveda Masseur
- Machine Embroidery
- Aluminum Fabrication
Chief Co-ordinator/Principal: Bindu Vasudevan
Internal Co-ordinator : Ajaya Kumar.N
Community Development Consultant: S.Purushothaman Nair
Junior Consultant : Sivankutty.K
Junior Statistical Consultant: Saran.B.L
Driver : Jyothi.T