Department of Civil Engineering
To become a centre of excellence and impart high quality education that motivates and enlightens students to take up the challenges in the civil engineering industry.
- To promote high quality education that will help students to imbibe strong fundamental knowledge and prepare them for higher studies and research in the subject.
- To help students to grow into technocrats that will help in further advancement of the civil engineering industry that will eventually help to strengthen the infrastructure backbone of the nation.
- To improve communication and interpersonal skills in the students which help them to assume leadership roles in the future and enable them to work as part of multidisciplinary global teams.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students.
- To instil a sense of responsibility in the students and develop a sense of commitment to repay to the society they live in.
The Civil Engineering Department started to function in the year 1958 with a current sanctioned admission for 60 fresh students per year. The department has played a vital role all these years by moulding the students to excel in related careers in both the government sectors and private industries.
The department offers a 3–year diploma course that includes subjects such as structural design and engineering, project planning, estimation and implementation, and civil engineering drawing.
Apart from the regular subjects, students are also trained on add-on computer courses such as AutoCad and other software related to civil construction, estimation, and project planning and implementation. The entire diploma course is designed in a manner that would groom the students to become efficient field supervisors who would strive to maintain the highest standards in civil construction.
The civil engineering labs are both spacious and equipped with state-of-the-art equipment to enable students to learn and consolidate their knowledge in an optimal manner. The practical studies help to keep the student stay abreast of the latest techniques and developments in the industry. We also allow students to interact with industry experts at frequent intervals though guest lectures and symposiums which help them keep up with the advancements in the industry and widen their knowledge base.
The Civil Engineering Department of CPTC is made up of highly qualified staff members with ample experience. The Faculty Development Program helps the staff members to continuously upgrade their knowledge through various quality improvement programs.
List of Laboratories
- Survey Lab
- Construction Engineering Lab
- Concrete Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Material Testing Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Computer Aided Drafting Lab
All videos of the FDPon WATERBODY REJUVENATION STRATEGIES sessions can be watched at: Click Here