The Civil Engineering department of CPTC started functioning in the year 1958. It strives to produce quality civil engineers and there by moulding them to become the backbone in the nation's development. Now we have an intake of 60 students per year.
The three year diploma course aims at imparting skills in project planning and implementation, planning and designing of structures, preparation of related drawings and estimation of quantities. One of the main objectives of the course is to groom the students as efficient and effective field supervisors and equip them to maintain quality in construction. Various computer applications in Civil Engineering are also included as part of the curriculum.
To become a school of excellence that brings out Civil Engineers with high technical competencies and industrial oritented to meet the current and future challenges in civil engineering.
- To promote quality education for industrial and societal needs.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students.
- To impart knowledge with emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in students
- To encourage students to pursue higher education and take competitive exams and various career enhancing courses
- To have regular interaction with industry and offer solutions to their problems